Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How to be Happy in Mid-Life

I came across a great website today, called "How to be happy in mid-life"  (http://www.happyhalfway.com/)  I'm not quite sure I like the "half way" idea, but I guess that's the way it is!  Lol!

I must admit that I haven't looked at the entire site yet, but only the part of it that deals with mid-career change (http://www.happyhalfway.com/mid-life-career-change.html)  The owner of the site had an area that indicated readers were free to share the site, with the inclusion of the above links.  So here it is!

The article is thorough, and seems to cover all the main areas of concern that I've faced in my transition year leading up to nursing school, including limiting beliefs (i.e. I'm too old to start over) and the plethora "what if" scenarios.  The article also points out the opposite, positive outcomes from the negative ones people seem to naturally generate, such as "What if you succeed? What if you wake up in the morning and look forward to the work day ahead of you?"  I like that it seems to address the common issues faced by someone facing a mid-career change decision, and shows both sides of the decision.

Happy reading -- I'm going to be exploring the site further.

Still waiting for the university to start reviewing applications (mid-March -- it is coming soon!), and to start sending out acceptances (likely end March - early April -- not coming soon enough!!!)

Cheers,
Future RN

1 comment: