Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

This week's inspirational quote

Seems like I've been coming across several great Gandhi quotes recently.

Here's my latest gem, which corresponds exactly to how I believe this career change to nursing will feel.

"Happiness is when you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Gandhi

We spend so many hours each week at our jobs. If the work isn't a great fit with one's personality, goals, dreams and gives little satisfaction, and if we are lucky enough to be able to change careers, I believe it will bring about an immense amount of happiness to every aspect of ones life. 

I know from current experience how dreary work can be that doesn't fit with one's personality, interests and ambitions, even if you're good at it and are progressing nicely on the corporate ladder. 

I see in those around me, who love their chosen careers and day-to-day work, just how much of a positive impact a well-chosen career has on life. 

Bring it on (both the happiness and new nursing career!) LOL!

Future Nurse

P.S. Here is a link to many, many great quotes that helped people get through nursing school.  A link to my beloved AllNurses.com, of course!!!
http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-student/just-fun-quotes-557833.html

P.P.S.  17 more weeks until classes start!

No comments:

Post a Comment