Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

And cue....croup!

Groggy from being up most of the night with my youngest, who developed croup.  C.o.f.f.e.e.

Croup freaked me out completely the first time I encountered it, when my oldest child was little.  It strikes in the middle of the night, when the child wakes up with a barking cough, and not able to breathe, after they've gone to bed feeling seemingly OK.  Now it still freaks me out a bit on the inside (it's scary to hear a child struggling for breath like that), but now I know exactly what it is, and what to do.

Nonetheless, knowing what one is dealing with is only half the battle.  The other half is still having to be up most of the night with a sick child.  I didn't have this to deal with when I was a student the first time.

She will have a 'sick day' home from school, and get to watch movies to her hearts content, colour and work on some simple crafts, as her mama studies all day. 

And the respiratory system is one of the topics on the final for the physiology exam.  Croup is a different type of review for that exam!  Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment