Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

One BScN semester finished!!!

I'm all done. And now I am sick with the cold I've managed to not succumb to until exams were finished. Some things just don't change...this was seemingly always the case when I was a university student, many years ago.

I don't know if it is just me, or if getting older is a factor, but it seems to take me longer to fully realize that something is finished. The past few weeks were so intense, so focused on my courses, that when suddenly, as I left the last exam, they were all over. Nothing hanging over my head to review, no pressure, no nothing. Finito. I was in somewhat of a daze for the next 24 hours or so, trying to believe this new reality.

Now a new reality has overtaken me, and that is Christmas preparations! I plan to write a re-cap of the first semester of "nursing school as a mature student" blog entry...lessons learned, best practices, etc etc (doesn't that sound very work-like!?), but right now, I have just one "lesson learned" that I need to write.

This time next year will be very different, in how I plan Christmas! Certain things have to start way sooner, because I didn't realize, or I'd just plain forgotten, how intense studying for final exams is.

Now it is all done. I think everything went very well. I genuinely thank my friends and family for all the support I've received over the past months in this adventure. I have met many wonderful people in my classes, with whom I look forward to deepening friendships. It is an incredible feeling to be studying something that I truly love. And it is finally (see para 2, above!), finally starting to seem "real" that I will actually be a nurse at the end of this experience. It is starting to sink in.

Merry Christmas! Joyeux Noël!

No comments:

Post a Comment