Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

First weekend

All I can say, is that week one was only three days long, and yet it felt like one of the longest weeks of my life.

I am now catching up on my work, on the first weekend!  I have 5 quizzes that need to be done for labs, and a medical math calculation assignment that needs doing.  

I knew this year was going to be intense.  Maybe I just figured it would ramp up gradually....

My goal is to finish the math assignment and prepare for at least some of the quizzes, before I actually do them online. 

On the bright side, we learned about IV pumps yesterday.  My biggest fear is that I'll somehow accidentally hurt/kill someone on my clinical rotation with a medication error.  I'll be asking all kinds of questions and doing only procedures we've learned in lab, but I still have this fear in the back of my mind.

Anyhow, we learned that the IV pumps they use at the children's hospital where I'll be doing my clinical shifts, are basically idiot-proof.  If you follow all the prompts, the chances of doing some damage to someone are extremely minimal....unless you decide to over-ride the prompts.  I don't think I'll over-ride any prompt probably in my first decade of nursing, just to be on the safe side.

So at least that's a bit of reassurance.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment