Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Spring Break 2014!!!

The title of this post makes it sound like a fun week.  Alas, reality is quite different...


Yes indeed, Spring Break/Reading Week is upon us. Sadly, it resembles nothing like the media or pop culture portrays Spring Break. No wild parties, no bikinis, no drinking (well, maybe a bit!), no sand, no palm trees. Just snow, cold, textbooks and research papers. Wahoo -- we sure can party!!!  And this doesn't just apply to us "mature" students.  There may be a few gone South for the break, but I haven't heard of anyone going anywhere else than home.


Yep, that's the reality of third year, I guess. We have a final psychiatry exam waiting for us at 9 am on Monday morning, after our break. Most of us are taking this week to write our horrible nursing theories research paper. And our lab team for the remainder of the semester was kind enough to email us yesterday, to tell us that all the lab readings are posted, and that the first lab quiz is due at noon on Monday -- the same Monday we have our final exam.  I guess I'll add lab readings and lab quiz to my activities for this week.


So its not much of a break, but it is a break nonetheless.  At least there's a break from classes/shifts and the usual routine.  I'll take it, even if it doesn't involve palm trees, white beaches and fancy drinks! 


I'll just have to make up the trips/vacations I lost during nursing school, starting next year, when I graduate (next year!!!!!). 


Off to tackle my "to do" pile. I really want to make the most of this week off, and accomplish lots.


Happy reading during Reading Week!


On a different note, I've added another countdown element to my many countdowns (yes, I do love counting down to certain big events, like finishing nursing school!!!)


Only 150 more days of classes/shifts remain in our nursing school adventure...



No comments:

Post a Comment