Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Last NS Paper is Still Hanging Over My Head

I've started it. I have an outline done. My reference list (thus far from what I've researched), is done. I even have my first sentence done! (that is usually the hardest part). Nothing seems to be helping me get going on this crazy last paper.

I even went for a run this morning, for the first time probably since October, or maybe even September. That felt like the longest 3 km of my life, but I'm feeling good and am so happy I went. But still, that is an element of procrastination.

There are eight pages of double spaced text (so really four pages of actual writing), standing between me and complete academic freedom from nursing school. Seriously, why is this so hard????  Maybe a subconscious part of me wants nursing school to go on and on? Nope. Definitely not.

I guess some habits just run deep, and even though I know this is the last thing that I need to do, it is still practically impossible to get it done early. Pathetic, I know.

LOL  - a friend just texted me as I am writing this post, that clearly going for the run was the much healthier choice between exercise and writing a paper.

Gotta love that perspective!!!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment