Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

My nursing school courses are all done

Yes, it is really true. The academic component of my nursing program is finished. I've passed all my courses. I have no more quizzes, papers, tests or exams as part of my BScN program.

This new reality is still sinking in, even though its been a couple of days now. It is still sinking in.

I have 7 days left of my last rotation. The semester is officially over on April 14.

Even though its been a very long 4 years, it has truly flown by when I look back. I'm beyond grateful it is so close to being finally done. It seemed so daunting and far away at the start, and suddenly it is done.

Now I get to re-focus and start living my life again with no school stuff hanging over my head. Of course, that will last as long as it takes to start studying full-out for the NCLEX licensing exam, and then my post-RN certification courses that I'm already planning to take... But that is different. Those are purely interest courses that I'm choosing to take. Nursing school was a choice too, yes, but there were quite a few courses that I'd definitely not have chosen to take, had they not been a mandatory part of the curriculum! Lol. The courses I take from here on in, are purely my choice, based on interests.

And speaking of interests, this is the time when I get to re-awaken, and start re-discovering my pre-nursing school interests. Tennis? Play more piano? Dust off my saxophone that's been staring at me and making me feel guilty for the past 4 years? Writing for fun? Zumba? Pilates? I'm not quite sure where to start, and in my typical fashion, want to start everything at once...

Anyhow, this picture below captures EXACTLY how I am feeling now (I hope it gets better soon):

What I look like everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment