Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Signed, Sealed & Delivered

My last (hopefully ever!) scholarly article is finished, and was submitted yesterday. I'm still not quite truly believing that it is done, but my logical mind reassures me that it is. The email I also got that confirmed it being submitted, also helps reassure me. Anyhow, it is done, and I am feeling a sense of enormous relief.

I have about 20 more shifts left in my last rotation. I survived winter camping last weekend with my daughter, and am still recovering from the lack of sleep. There is a mountain of work for me to do around the house...stuff that's basically been 'on hold' for the last while, some since the second week of January.

The pressure and stress of the semester, and frankly, of the past 4 years is starting to lift. I have an evening shift today, so am basking in the free time I have this morning. One last little quiz to do on March 24, and then the academic component of the nursing program is officially finished.

What will I then do with myself and all my newly available free time?

Oh yeah, the "little" detail of starting to study for the NCLEX will become top of mind. Even though I may have soon finished nursing school and graduated from that, without successfully passing the licensing exam, the NCLEX, the exam that tests everything you've learned over the past 4 years, all that work is for nothing, as you cannot work as a nurse without a license.

Goody. More studying to look forward to. But not right now. This morning I am still basking in the post-last-scholarly-paper-submitted bliss.

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment